Are you thinking about a Green Acres Event Center Wedding?
If you need Green Acres Event Center wedding ideas, look no further than this wonder blog! We decided to sit down with Lauren from Green Acres and ask her a few burning questions about her lovely venue.
I grew up in Apple Valley, MN. I went to Iowa State University and got my B.A. in event management and graduated in 2014! When I am not at work I love traveling to the mountains, hiking, being with friends/family and of course my dog! I have a huge passion for events and making every vision come to life.
Q1: Where can we learn the basics? (Availability, Pricing, etc)
Since these details can sometimes change, it’s best to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lauren has a handy guide that will provide all the answers to those staple questions!
Q2: How many hours do we have access to the venue?
The typical booking window is 12 hours, and you can purchase additional hour as needed. As an important bonus, this means you are the only event that day, and you’ll have the full focus of the staff! For more information about how to get the most out of your venue hours, check out our blog on how to build a timeline that will work for you.
Q3: What are our catering options?
The venue has three awesome caterers to choose from: The Deco, Green Mill and Sterling. These caterers will also provide tables and chairs, and Green Acres staff are able set everything up. It’s also helpful to know that capacity for formal seated dinners is 225.
What’s Lauren’s favorite dish? Polenta Cakes!
All bookings come with a complimentary tasting for up to 4 people. You can invite us if you want, we like food!
Q4: What if we need to make changes?
We all know that the weather in Minnesota can be moody. If needed, Lauren and team can help you make day of changes.
Q5: Talk to me about music!
Both the upstairs and the downstairs come equipped with surround sound. The venue can accommodate a live band (DO IT!) or DJ, or you can play music from your favorite playlist throughout the day! Green Acres can also provide a wireless mic for speeches and toasts! Just keep in mind that music is off by midnight (last call 11:15, last drink 11:30, last song 11:45).
Q6: Can we include our dog?
They love dogs! In fact, you will probably meet one when you go tour the venue! Dogs are totally allowed at the venue.
There are 60 parking spots on the grounds. If you need more room, you can use valet parking or shuttle with partnered hotels. Here are two of them: Hyatt Place & Residence Inn!
Q8: Can I have my Ceremony at the venue?
Heck yeah you can!
Q9: What are some of the accommodations that make Green Acres different?
- A wood burning pit outside (can you say unlimited s-mores?)
- A large side patio (bring your yard games!)
- Inside the wine silo is a spacious wedding suite.
- The grounds include a seasonal wildflower field.
- The sizable windows on the second floor can be opened.
- You can find an air museum just across the street where you can peruse old-timey planes. There is even an aviation company that will rent out a helicopter for an hour – talk about a grand entrance or exit!
- Lighting systems are all on different switches so you can dim the chandeliers. You can also open the large doors and windows to change up the lighting (the type of control photographers hope for!)
- The barn is fully air-conditioned which is a huge plus in the Summer!
- Overall, the decor and charm of Green Acres is what’s most notable. The venue holds so much unique character and unique character inside and out that decorating for your event is super easy.
Q10: Talk to us about the bar situation.
Sterling Catering operates the bar during events, and you can bring in your own choice of wine and kegs! You can also have the option to have a hosted or cash bar.
Plus, Green Acres can help get creative with the hosting options for you so you don’t break the bank – for example, you can choose to just host the wedding party. Make sure to talk to Lauren about all your options! And don’t forget to ask the bartenders about making signature drinks!
Pro Tips from Lauren:
- Have someone in charge to clean up after the party. Many times after the wedding is over, it will be someone’s job to clean up after the couple has made their grand exit. Be sure to consider who can help get this done! Think about finding a day of coordinator!
- Preferred Vendors – you don’t have to use the venue’s list, but it can help your day go more smoothly as these vendors have worked at the venue multiple times.
- One quick note – because of the venue’s proximity to the airport, you can NOT use paper lanterns.
- If you do plan to bring your pup, schedule a walkthrough with your doggo so they can smell the barn and get used to the place. One the day of, don’t forget to bring food, bed, and bowls, for your little guy!
- You CAN have a sparkler exit! (Green Acres can supply a torch, and you supply the sand buckets and sparklers)
- Notes on Décor: No nails please! You can definitely have flame candles if they are placed in a glass votive. And if you’d like to change up any of the venue’s décor, just ask! In some cases, décor can be removed upon request.
- Finally, don’t overthink things. Timelines are guideline and it’s okay if they get a little ahead or behind!
Shout out to these amazing couples that helped with some Green Acres Event Center Wedding Ideas!
Be the first to comment