A Minneapolis Backyard Wedding!
Haven’t we all considered this option at some point? You’re close to home, among family and friends, in an intimate and comfortable setting, and get to create a truly unique experience.
Sarah and Chad’s backyard wedding took full advantage of these pluses and the gorgeous Minnesota weather to boot.
We’re excited to share their story with you below, and a few key takeaways for planning your own Minneapolis backyard wedding!
Sarah and Chad’s pups were all-paws-on-deck for the getting ready process!
Their kitty was happy to supervise.
Sarah took some time out to relax with her pups and watch a little Ellen – rest and recoup time is so important to a stress-free wedding day! (For tips on planning out your wedding day timeline, rest time included, check out our blog!)
Sarah and Chad did a first look out in the greenery in their backyard.
Look at that face! We love first looks!
After taking couples portraits under the trees, it was time for the ceremony!
Pups on their best behavior!
Sarah and Chad had family and friends sign stones with messages of love and support.
Man and wife! Congratulations you two 🙂
One of the perks of our job is capturing those special moments of emotions as they happen so that our couples can have an authentic and beautiful recounting of their day.
A Minneapolis backyard wedding is made a little easier by having an amazing backyard!
Sarah and Chad enjoying their first dance together under the string lights.
Then it was time to cut up the dance floor!
A joyful circle!
With the sun set, we caught Sarah and Chad in the glow of candlelight.
At the end of the night, the pups came out to celebrate too!
We hope you enjoyed this stroll through Sarah and Chad’s big day! It was a memorable night, and we were grateful to share it with them.
Here we thought we’d take a moment to share some of our biggest takeaways for those of you considering a Minneapolis backyard wedding:
- Backyard weddings save you money! Venues take up a big percentage of the wedding budget, and throwing the party in your own backyard can free up a lot of budgeting space.
- A little goes a long way in the right setting – a beautiful backyard doesn’t require a lot of decorations.
- Consider renting a tent to have an indoor and outdoor space – just in case of rain or a particularly hot day.
- Backyard weddings offer a lot of creative control to industrious couples!
- On the flip side, they also require a little extra work since the venue management won’t be there to assist! This can be pretty easily mediated by working with family and friends, or with a day of wedding coordinator, to make sure things run smoothly. If you’re interested in learning about day of coordinators, check out our Q & A blog!
- Backyard weddings are truly unique, since no one else is getting married there but you.
- And finally, a backyard wedding is an intimate setting that can set a tone of comfort for you and your guests, which means less stress and more fun 🙂
Now venture forth and plan that big day!
We also want to take a second to thank Ashley from Devoted Design. She went above and beyond to make this day even more special.